- Year of Establishment : 2002
- Head of the Dept. : Dr. Bilakshn Ravidas
- Built Up Area : 3000 sq. ft.
- Level Of Study : M.A., Ph.D.
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING/RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
- Industrial Relations.
- Social Problems.
- Rural Studies.
- Rural Development.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
P.G Deptt of Ambedkar thought and Social Work introduced and opened 14-4-2002 still 100 students obtained P.G degree and maximum students stood first class. 6 scholar awarded Ph.D degree and about dozen of students engaged in research work as well as project works in various local, national and International life. The Deptt. of ATSW, our teacher, students and Research scholar are engaged to enhance our social and culture life in the light of the long standing demand of this region in order to enable social integration and social engineering which expected to help to integrate Theory with practical aspects of society,policy and economy.
The infant deptt. has a double storeyed building with five class rooms, one staff room,three small rooms,and a big meeting Hall. It has own well defined campus with boundarywall.
AT A GLANCE
- No. of books in the Department Library : 1500
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A/M.SC/M.Com : 45
- Ongoing Research Projects : 02
- Ratio of students to teachers :4:8
- Ratio of research scholars to teachers (eligible to guide research students): 5:4
- Admission on the basis of Honours marks and Master’s Admission Test (MAT).
- Number of Ph. D. Thesis guided in last two years – 06
- The Department is first of its kind and singular one imparting the thoughts and ideals of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.