- Year of Establishment: 2002
- Course Coordinator : Dr. Biharilal Choudhary
- Built Up Area : 250 sq. m.
- Level Of Study :
- M.A. (Previous)
- M.A. (Final)
- PG Diploma in Archaeology
- PG Diploma in Museology & Tourism,
- Ph. D.
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING/RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
The Department has focused on ‘Regional History & Heritage‘. To work out effective research models integrated multi-disciplinary approach in regional history writing is to be pursued. The department has already taken steps in this direction by Organizing a National Seminar on the subject on 21st Feb., 2003.
To carry further this approach various steps are being taken such as systematic exploration of the area, problem oriented research projects are being pursued. To keep in tune with the changing scenario of history education applied aspect of the discipline is being given emphasis in form of vocational courses and promotion of tourism. Regular routine research guidance to Ph.D. students is also provided by the faculty members. The Department has a team of specialized faculty members. The Department is located in a historical building in several surroundings close to the University Headquarters. The Department provides hostel facilities.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The University Dept.of Ancient Indian History,Culture and Archeology was open on Teacher’s Day,
5th september, 2002.The major focus of research activities of the Department include one major research project of the U.G.C and junior Research fellowship of the Indian Council of Historical Research,and U.G.C is to highlight the importance of regional studies within the broader framework of National History.
AT A GLANCE
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Previous) : 107
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Final) : 107
- Strength of students in Post Graduate Diploma in Archaeology : 20
- Strength of students in Post Graduate Diploma in Museology & Tourism : 20
- No. of books in the Department Library : 500 + Additional Facility of Central Library : 500 + Additional Facility of Central Library
- Ratio of students to teachers : 1:10
- Ratio of research scholors to teachers : 1:5
- Admission on the basis of Honours marks and Master’s Admission Test (MAT).
- Total No. of Publications : 07
- Number of Ph. D. Thesis guided in last two years – 8
- Seminars And Symposia held regularly at the Department.
- No. of Research papers published : 35