- Year of Establishment: 2003
- Built Up Area: 250 Sq. m.
- Level Of Study: M.A.
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING/RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
- Research Methodology.
- Industrial Sociology.
- Sociology of Development.
- Social Change.
The Only Department In Bihar established On 2nd April,2003 imparting teaching in Anthropology at Post Graduation level and engaged in research of Tribal Population and Deprived section of Society. The Department of Anthropology is also imparting teaching in Disaster Management & Rehabilitation which has become one of the main concerns of the Government as well as academicians.
AT A GLANCE :
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Previous) : 3000.
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Final) : 30
- No. of books in the Department Library :about 100
- Journals in department libraray : 03
- Computer facility available in the department.
- Ratio of students to teachers : 9:1
- Admission on the basis of Honours marks and Master’s Admission Test (MAT).
- Seminars And Symposia held regularly at the Department.