- Course Coordinator : Prof. Prabhat Kumar Roy
- Year of Estb. : 2002
- Sanctioned strength of students:
i) JNU-CET Quota – 25
ii) State/ University Quota- 10
- Research Papers: 150 published
- Level Of Study: M.Sc.
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING / RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
- Molecular Biology
- Plant Biotechnology
INTRODUCTION ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT: M.Sc. Biotechnology Course was started at T.M Bhagalpur University in September 2001 under Self-Financing Scheme to offer high quality education, training and research in Biotechnology at Master level. The course got status of Post-Graduate Department in February,2002 and thereafter DBT, Govt of India started providing financial support for teaching and research from 2005 onwards. Thus, within short span of time the department has gained appreciation from NAAC, UGC and DBT,New Delhi. This is the first DBT sponsored Institute of Biotechnology in the state of Bihar and Jharkhand.
FACILITIES: The department is well equipped with sophisticated equipment like Thermocycler, Gel-Doc system, DNA sequencer, Spectrophotometer, Electrophoresis, Centrifuge, Ligation bath, Deep freezer, Laminar flow, a Tissue Culture Laboratory, Air Conditioned Laboratory and 20 KVA Generator set. There is LCD projector with screen for Audio-Visual teaching and interacting purposes
At a Glance
- 2 year M.Sc. Course in Biotechnology divided in Four Semesters.
- Sanctioned strength of students : 35
- No. of books in the Department Library : 490
- Journal/Periodicals in the department : 03
- Ratio of students to teachers : 16:4
- Admission on the basis of Biotechnology Entrance Test (BTET).
- Total No. Of Publications: 05
- No. of projects completed : 02
- Number of Ph. D. Thesis guided in last two years : 02
- A good tissue culture Lab. likely to be completed.
- Facilities for practical on Biochemistry, Mol. Biology, Immunology & Microbiology have been created and conducted.