- Head of the Dept: Prof. Vijay Kumar
- Year of Establishment: 1980
- Built Up Area: 1100 sq. ft.
- Level of Study: M.A., Ph.D.
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING/RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
- Gandhi, Nehru, Ambedkar, Jaiprakash Studies.
- Ecological Studies.
- Panchayati Raj.
- Social Work & Social Welfare.
- Rural Management & Development.
- Human Rights & Social Justice.
- Voluntary Action.
- Village Contact- cum – Survey Camp.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The initial foundation of the Department was contemplated by Late Padmabhusan Dr. Ramdhari Singh ‘Dinkar’, then Vice Chancellor of this University who started an exercise in this regard. However the Department could be started in 1980, and the Postgraduate teaching was started in 1981.Thanks to the efforts of Dr Ramji Singh who has given a solid academic foundation to this department. The objective of the department is to propagate gandhian ideas and to make aware the new generation towards Gandhi an his ideas.
AT A GLANCE :
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Previous) : 75.
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Final) : 75.
- No. of books in the Department Library : 8959.
- Journal/Periodicals subscribed in the in the department : 07
- Ratio of students to teachers : 1:8
- Ratio of research scholars to teachers (eligible to guide research students) : 1:2.
- Ratio of research papers published during the last 3 years at international and national levels to number of teachers : 2:4.
- Admission on the basis of Honours marks and Master’s Admission Test (MAT) .
- Number of Ph. D. Thesis guided in last two years – 06.