- Year of Establishment: 1971
- Contact No.: 9852200415
- Built Up Area:
- Level Of Study: M. Lib & Inf. Science, B. Lib & Inf. Science, Ph. D.
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
LIBRARIANSHIP AS A CAREER:
Libraries in India have grown and developed to such extent that by now they have not only gained importance but are now recognized as an important social institution.
Production of Information materials in various forms together with the extension of educational facilities. The intensification of research activities have significantly influenced the library activities and development in their services. In the face of the situation where a public library has become an important elements in the life of a community; an academic library has become an essential part of educational institutions; a special library has become indenpensible. The management of various types of libraries has caused challenging problems. Thus the need for persons with good academic and professional qualifications with proficiency in one of the subject of general education is the requirement of the libraries.
Librarianship as a profession, on the other hand provide variety of avenues of employment opportunities persons with a superior academic record and high qualifications can help persons to achieve high position
AT A GLANCE :
BACHELOR OF LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
GENERAL INFORMATION :
Any registered candidate may be admitted to the Degree of Bachelor of Library & Information Science, if he has:
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in the Faculty of Arts Science or Commerce of a recognized University, or has passed an examination as equivalent thereto.
- Completed a regular course of study for not less than one academic year in the University or in a College admitted for the purpose and;
- Passed the examination held by University for the purpose.
MASTER DEGREES IN LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
GENERAL INFORMATION :
The Department provides facilities for two years course leading to the Degree of Master of Library & Information Science after a one year degree in Bachelor of Library Science Course.
The University examination shall be held at the end of academic session in every year which commences on the 1st day of June in a year and ends with that last day of May in the next year and shall commence on such dates as may be decided by the University.
Following are the objectives of the Master of Library & Information Science Course :
- To acquaint the students with the organization and development of the UNIVERSE OF KNOWLEDGE, research organization and methods in detail.
- To make the students proficient in advanced library techniques, documentation methodology, advanced management, organization and administration of various types of libraries.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS :
To be admitted to the Master of Library & Information Science Course a candidate must have :
- Obtained atleast a Bachelors degree or passed an examination recognized by the Academic Council as equivalent thereto; and.
- Obtained atleast a Bachelors Degree in Library Science or passed an examination equivalent thereto securing not less than 50% Marks.