- Year of Establishment: 02.01.1986
- Built Up Area: 220 sq.m.
- Level Of Study: M.A. (Previous & Final), Ph. D.
- Sanctioned strength of students : 25
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING : SPECIALIZATION
- History Of Persian Literature
- History of Islam
- Philogy & Rhetorics
- Classical Persian Prose
- Classical Persian Poetry (Qasideh & Mathnavi)
- Modern Persian Literature
- Indo-Persian Literature
- Study of Iqubal
- Political History Of Iran
RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
- Persian Prose
- Persian Poetry
- Persian Novels
- Persian Drama
- Eminent Persian Poets & Scholars
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT: The University Deptt. of Persian is a single man Deptt. It was started on 02.01.1986 with a meager sources. Late Dr. A.G. Ansari, Former HOD got retired on 31.01.99 and since then Dr. Md. Shahabuddin has been working as Head of the Deptt. with no other teacher.
One Asstt. Smt. Noor-e-Sehar Manzar and office peon Sri Binod Kumar Thakur are working in this Deptt.
AT A GLANCE :
- Engaged, engrossed in teaching and research since its inception in 1986.
- No. of books in the Department Library :1180
- Ratio of students to teachers : 5:1
- Ratio of research scholars to teachers : 4:1
- Admission on the basis of Honours marks and admission tests.
- Ph.D. Registration on the basis of M.A. (Final) result, Pre-Ph.D. Exam Test.
- The department has proposed to start a “Certificate Course in Spoken Persian and Translation”