- Head of the Dept.: Dr. Mohan Mishra
- Year of Estb. : 1971
- Built Up Area: 2500 sq. ft.
- Level Of Study: M.A., Ph. D., Saral Sanskrit Sambhashan Kendra (Certificate Course)
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING : SPECIALIZATION
- Vedic Language & Literature
- Sanskrit Vyakarana
- Sanskrit Sahitya
- Bhasha Vigyan
- Sanskrit Prose & Poetry
- Sanskrit Linguistics
- Jyotish Sashtra & Karmakanda
AT A GLANCE :
- Engaged, engrossed in teaching and research in Sanskrit Language and Literature since its inception in 1961.
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Previous) : 75.
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Final) : 75
- No. of books in the Department Library :6000
- Journal/Periodicals subscribed by the department : 03
- Ratio of students to teachers : 10:1
- Admission on the basis of Honours marks and Admission tests.
- Ph.D. Registration on the basis of M.A. (Final) result, Pre-Ph.D. Exam Test, Presentation of research theme and seminar.
- Admission in Certificate Course in “Saral Sanskrit Sambhashan Kendra” on the basis of pass marks in Under Graduate courses.