- Year of Estb. : 1979
- Built Up Area: 1570 sq. m
- Level Of Study: M.A., Ph. D., D. Litt., Certificate Course In Urdu
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:TEA
CHING : SPECIALIZATION
- Urdu Criticism, Fiction & Poetry
- Linguistics & Poetry
- Language & Literature
RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
- Literary Criticism ,Fiction & Poetry
- New Literary Trends
- Aspects of National Integration
- Literary Movement
- Muslim & Islamic Culture
- Bihar School of Urdu Literature
AT A GLANCE
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Previous) : 80.
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Final) : 80
- No. of books in the Department Library :4460
- Journal/Periodicals subscribed by the department : 02
- Ratio of students to teachers : 6:1
- Ratio of research scholars to teachers : 4:3
- Ratio of research papers to teachers : 2:1
- Admission on the basis of Honours marks and Master’s Admission Test (MAT).
- Admission in 6 month Certificate Course in Urdu is opened to all interested person, members of weaker section, especially Girls Students.
- Faculty members have published above 25 books, edited 75 books and reviewed more than 200 research papers.